Thursday, May 16, 2013

Battle of the Booty

We have been battling diaper rash for over a week now and by battle, I mean this thing is of epic proportions. Our little love had a #2 diaper and BOOM! had a horrible rash. It proceeded to get worse, as did her diaper presents over the past week while her Daddy, grandparents and 2 pediatricians and I have all tried to get this resolved.

She hasn't had a fever, no runny nose, no real "sick" symptoms except for her poops. So our pediatrician has taken her completely off lactose, she is eating rice cereal and bananas to try to clear it up. As for the rash, she gave us some cream they use to treat burns (yes, it is that bad and no, we have not been letting her sit in her dirty diapers). We've been going this avenue for the week and it is very slow to resolve.

Enter the lesson I'm learning.....(I feel like I'll always be learning this lesson)

It is not my fault! I have changed her as soon as she goes potty, I have put ointments and creams and barriers on her to keep it from worsening. I have let her be naked often to try to air everything out and I did not cause this. (I'm mostly writing this to remind myself, I am not trying to justify anything to any one else)

There are certain things in this life that are completely and utterly out of our control. It is the same with our babies and families. Yet, why do we beat ourselves up and let our minds be filled with guilt that these things are within our control? I'm asking myself that all the time and I'm sure with my baby it is because I care so much for her and want everything to be okay. I need to learn to rest with the knowledge that I do provide well for my baby, she is loved and greatly cared for. If anyone knows how to beat the guilt, let me know!!

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm a little late and this is really random but if it hasn't started getting better perhaps ask about a sulfur allergy? A friend had a girl with bad diaper rash that the doctor kept diagnosing as a yeast infection. When she went to another doctor he said to only use Desitin and it finally got better. Hopefully she is already cleared up!

    ReplyDelete