When it comes to posting on this blog...I am waaay past due for an update. Remember when I was posting sometimes twice in one week?! Yeah, I would love to get back to that. I'd still like to think that my little corner of the internet has the potential to grab the hand of some new Mom (or Dad), somewhere and make a difference.
I'll never be a Jen Hatmaker or anyone who gets passed around social media, but I'm fine with that. If I can just let one Mom know that she is not alone in what she's going through, then I would be completely satisfied.
So here we are.....with an almost 1 year old! She is 2 weeks away from her 1st birthday and I can not believe it. People told me it would fly by but I didn't fully understand. Now, I have this vision of her being 1 and then 12! It is crazy! I know the first 6 months were rough for us, but I swear the last 6 months have FLOWN! We have had so much fun watching her learn to roll over, crawl, pull up and now walk! I looked at her last night and tried to hold her like I would have when she was a newborn and she didn't even fit. I looked at my husband and said, "We don't have a baby anymore."
Most nights are sleep through the night nights and I could not be more thankful. I am a person who very much values sleep....I could sleep all day and not feel like I had enough sleep. So this sleeping through the night stuff....SO important.
We survived Roseola virus and our first real fever. It was 4 days of 101 temps and a suuuper cranky little girl. She barely ate and didn't know if she wanted to be held or wanted to be put down. It was so trying on all of us. To add insult to injury, this was the weekend of the TN/FL game (a big rivalry in our house)...which TN (my team) lost to FL, which has happened the entire length of mine and my husband's relationship (9 years now). Ugh.
Buggy boo (we sometimes call her), is walking pretty well. We have spills every once in a while, but walking is the main mode of transportation around the house. She has started trying to feed herself with a spoon (messy times). She has started mimicking us when we say things (think "uh oh" and "bye bye"). I am so proud to call her mine. I am proud to be her Momma and I'm so thankful she is in my life.
Sure, this first year has been trying, an utter complete adjustment, and other years will be too. But I'm so excited to watch her keep growing. As of now I'm still staying home with her and I'm so thankful I've had a year to do so. There were times when I thought I might go crazy, but I've found outlets for that craziness and I have friends who keep me sane.
What a year.....what changes! I'm so grateful for my sweet Buggy, my smart Lovie, my strong-willed and opinionated Amelia Rose. May I continue to be refined and made better by her.

Awesome! You ARE an amazing mother, wife and person!
ReplyDelete