I should have mentioned that as I post these things, there is no need for concern. I have come out of that place of adjustment and have mostly embraced all that there is to this new life I have. :) My sweet girl is wonderful and the only thing I still really struggle with is the little sleep I get these days - especially considering I am such a sleep lover.
I can't wait to see the new things you discover along the way; things about your little one and things about yourself. Isn't life just a series of discoveries! They say "getting old isn't for sissies" but I think it should be "parenting isn't for sissies" or even "life isn't for sissies", especially when you want to make the most of every moment every day. Love you!
ReplyDeleteLet me just say- keep writing! This is great- and I think your dad is right- life/parenting is not for sissies! Being a mother is so friggin hard. I've learned a lot of what you allude to- trusting what works for you and going with it and not worrying about all the other voices. And I love how you describe post-partum- I think whether you get the legit blues or not- everyone has varying degrees of adjustment- and holy cow I had no idea what I was in for. It gets easier- and you'll get better at drowning out the crazy voices out there. And sleep gets better too! :)
ReplyDeleteYou've got this! Trust your instincts. Your faith is strong and you were chosen for this every life. God doesn’t give you more than you can handle. I KNOW you've got this. Trust in yourself, your marriage, and God! Emmy is an amazing girl, blessed to have amazing parents!
ReplyDelete