Thursday, March 7, 2013

In the beginning...

This is the beginning of my new blog. Who knows who will actually read it, but I think it will help me to "share" my thoughts and discoveries as a Mom.

Becoming a Mother, which is still a very odd realization, has been by far the most difficult adjustment I have ever had to make. I've had my share of adjustments, mind you. Adjustments such as moving to a new state my junior year of high school, going away to college, getting married and having a traveling husband.

Women, doctors and others use the term "post-partum depression" but I think it can be classified as more of an adjustment disorder. There's this thing you want so badly and you have such high expectations for it, you read every book, eat everything you should, make all the appropriate preparations for this wonderful thing. Then you have your baby and are immersed in this life that is nothing like the books, it seems your prep work was done in vain and you have NO idea how to justify the life you had, the one you were expecting and the one you now have. The first thing I successfully learned about being a Mother is that you can not rely on your expectations.

Other posts to come....dealing with sleep (or the lack thereof), breastfeeding adventures (and woes), determining what is best for YOU and YOUR baby vs. what other people say is best....

3 comments:

  1. this is amazing and I cannot wait to read more- makes me want to make one as well- as you stated...it is NOTHING like what was expected...such an amazing adventure (to say the least) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful way to work through your struggles and accomplishments! writing always helped me. sometimes i wish i woudl do it more! I cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete