Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hidden Blessings

It seems it has been one thing after another. I by no means truly intend this blog to become a place of complaining so I am devoting this post to reporting the blessings.

So recently, I was driving with a friend and my baby girl and we were rear ended. Thankfully, we were in a slow moving part of town so the person that hit us was not going very fast. It was terrifying! I jumped out and told the guy that there was a baby in the car and I proceeded to get her out of the car and just hold her for the next couple hours. Everything was fine and I am SO thankful that my baby girl wasn't hurt and that things were not worse.

Yesterday, my husband sent me a text message saying he was waiting on some police officers because he had clipped a parked car pulling out of a parking lot. In the end it wasn't a big deal, the police said they would take care of it and it turned out not to be a big deal. Thankful.

Last week, I was with my parents at their house while my husband traveled for work. I asked my friends and anyone who cared for prayer for all the sleep troubles we have had lately. I felt my prayers were going unheard, we did not get any more sleep and then my parents took turns sleeping in the room with baby girl and I finally got to sleep a little.

I am still holding out that God will hear my cries and will teach my sweet girl to sleep (even if that is 2 years from now), but for now I will be thankful that He keeps reminding me of the blessings I may not see right away.

I know the things that cause us discomfort could be so much worse and I am beyond thankful for a healthy baby, healthy family members (no cancer!), financial stability and an amazing husband who looks out for me all the time!! It by no means lessens the fact that what we are going through is difficult, but it sure does put in to perspective that it could be much more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment