Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Who is Responsible Here?

I have been doing a LOT of reading on sleep for a long time....probably since before baby girl was even born (think possibly up to a year ago). So I have taken it upon myself to make sure I am doing everything I can to make all the circumstances right for optimal sleep for both myself and my husband and for this little bundle. Books, articles, magazines, newsletters, you name it...I've read it.

Yet, we are not sleeping. What am I doing wrong? I've gone over everything in my mind and everything everyone else suggests and could question myself for the rest of my life as to what I could do better to improve the sleep situation.

...BUT!

I am NOT the one responsible here! I have to believe that I have done everything I can to create the best environment for healthy sleep for all. It doesn't matter what other people suggest, we have tried everything we think is best and it just doesn't matter. We are taking care of our baby girl and she is not hungry, not dirty, not cold or hot....just tired. And won't sleep.

And please don't say "this too shall pass" because in the sleep deprived moments (which are all the time), that doesn't matter a hill of beans to me. Someone told me recently that you just get through it. You do what you have to do and you get through it. That sure helped me feel a little better than "this too shall pass"

enter a pause to go settle my baby who won't sleep

Lesson being learned here: I am doing my best and am only responsible for the things I can actually control. After all, you can't make a baby sleep. I am still convincing myself of this, I'm not a firm believer just yet...but maybe I'll get there.

Happy sleeping to all of you who actually get to sleep....know that I am beyond jealous (I don't think words can even describe it).

1 comment:

  1. i am positive you have done and are doing everything you possibly can. know there are so many people on your side.

    ReplyDelete