We have experienced some major milestones these past few weeks.
Two weeks ago, the little one decided she was done just rolling on the floor and all of a sudden started crawling....everywhere! A few days later, she also decided that crawling wasn't going to be challenging enough so she decided to start pulling up - mostly on me. :) Then this past week, she decided that she thinks she can walk (even though she still has a bit of work to do on the whole balance thing) so she will crawl over, pull up on me and want me to help her walk around. Crazy! I don't know how this all happened!
She also has started cutting her first tooth! It is still mostly below her gums' surface but you can feel the little poke of a tooth and when she holds her mouth just right and with the right lighting, you can see where the skin has broken a little and there is a little tiny pearly white just waiting for its debut.
I know some of you are probably curious about our sleep situation. Well, she still does not sleep through the night but there have been some MAJOR improvements! Most nights, she will sleep for a few hours, wake up between 10 and 11 and want a bottle and then go back to sleep until 6:30 or so. Needless to say, we are sleeping MUCH better. I certainly can not complain thinking back to how we were sleeping just a few months ago. I am so thankful!
As far as my progress goes, I realized something yesterday. As I was sitting next to my husband in church and the little one was in the nursery, I suddenly realized that I have become so entwined with that little girl that I can not imagine what my life would be like without her. I love her so much and am having a blast watching her as she discovers new things about the world around her. She defines me in a way that I have never been defined before...I am a Mother. And even though it has taken me a while to adjust (I guess I am a slow learner), I am so happy she is mine and that I have been blessed with sweet, loving little ball of energy! I am so thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment